|Home||» Products||» Advance Engineering Plastics||» Cestilene|
High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (PE-HMW) Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (PE-UHMW)
These are the trade names Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products uses for its extensive range of virgin, partially reprocessed, coloured and filled High Density Polyethylene stock shapes, manufactured by compression moulding or extrusion
- Good wear and abrasion resistance (particularly PEUHMW)
- high impact strength, even at low temperatures (particularly PE-UHMW)
- excellent chemical resistance
- low density compared with other thermoplastics 1 g/cm3)
- low coefficient of friction
- excellent release properties
- very low water absorption
- moderate mechanical strength, stiffness and creep resistance
- very good electrical insulating and dielectric properties (virgin grades only; see table on page 57)
- excellent machinability
- physiologically inert (most grades are suitable for food contact)
- good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma and X-rays)
- not self-extinguishing
CESTILENE HD 500 (PE-HMW)
Natural (white) / black Molecular weight of about 500,000 g/mol.
This grade exhibits a good combination of stiffness, toughness, mechanical damping ability with wear and abrasion resistance and can easily be welded. CESTILENE HD 500 is a versatile polyethylene grade used mainly in the food industry (meat and fish processing) but it is also put to use in all kinds of mechanical, chemical and electrical applications.
CESTILENE HD 500 R (PE-HMW) black / green
Molecular weight of about 500,000 g/mol.
This grade is partially composed of reprocessed HD 500 material. CESTILENE HD 500 R is used for those applications where its reduced physical properties are overruled by its economical advantage.
CESTICOLOR HD 500 (PE-HMW)
green, red, yellow, king's blue, sky blue, salmon, orange and chestnut. Molecular weight of about 500,000 g/mol. The CESTICOLOR HD 500 range of materials offers a series of homogeneous, attractive and food compliant colours which find particular outlet in the food and leisure industry. The property profile of these grades is practically identical to the one of CESTILENE HD 500.
CESTILENE HD 1000 (PE-UHMW) natural (white) I black I green
Molecular weight of about 4,500,000 g/mol.
Of all ultra high molecular weight polyethylene grades, CESTILENE HO 1000 exhibits the best balanced property profile. It combines an excellent wear and abrasion resistance with an outstanding impact strength, even at temperatures below -200ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚°C. Its main fields of application are: general mechanical construction; bottling, canning and packaging machinery; chemical and electroplating industry; cryogenic equipment; textile industry and storage systems for bulk materials.
CESTILENE HD 1000 R (PE-UHMW) black I green
Molecular weight of about 4,000,000 g/mol.
This grade, partially composed of reprocessed HO 1000 material, has an overall lower property level than the virgin CESTILENE HO 1000 and a lower cost. Compared with CESTILENE HO 500, however, it has a much better impact strength and wear resistance. CESTILENE HO 1000 R is an economical PE-UHMW grade for use in material handling equipment.
- Contact Details
- METALON MARKETING
- 158/7-A, 1st Floor, Manohar Mansion, Ajmeri Gate, Delhi - 110006, India
- Mr. Praful Kumar (Director)
METALON MARKETING All Rights Reserved.